I finally found my notebook where I wrote down my notes on my itty bitty teeny socks. I put it in a very safe place apparently, geesh! So with out further ado, I give you:
Itty Bitty Teeny Socks, a pattern
· Small bit of sock yarn. Around 7 yards per sock.
· 3 size 000 double pointed needles
· 2 earring hooks – optional
Cast on 16 stitches arrange as follows:
needle 1- 5 stitches
needle 2- 5 stitches
needle 3- 6 stitches
Knit 12 rows
With needle 1 start knitting heel flap as follows:
Row 1: slip 1st stitch knit 4, turn
Row 2: slip 1st stitch purl 4, turn
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 once more. (total of 4 rows worked)
Knit across heel stitches, pick up and knit 4 stitches.
Knit across instep stitches (needles 2 and 3), pick up and knit 4 stitches
Knit across the heel. Row now starts in the middle of the heel.
Knit to last three stitches on needle 2 SSK, K1.
Knit across instep, K1, K2tog.
Knit one round.
Knit decrease round every other row 3 more times (total of 8 rows worked, 8 stitches decreased)
Knit 10 more rounds.
round 1:Needle 1: knit 2, SSK, K1
Needle 2: K1, K2tog, knit 2
Needle 3: knit 3, SSK, K1
Needle 1: K1, K2tog, knit 2
Needle 2: knit 4
Needle 3: knit 5
Needle 1: knit 3, SSK, K1
Needle 2: K1, K2tog, K1
Needle 3: K1, SSK, knit 3
Needle 1: knit 1, SSK, knit 3
Needle 2: knit 2
Needle 3: knit 4
Needle 1: knit 2, SSK, K1
Needle 2: knit 2
Needle 3: K1 SSK, K1, K2tog.
Knit one round, Graft stitches or draw stitches together using a tapestry needle. Weave in ends.
In this pattern you can use any decrease that works for you. On my second pair of teeny socks I used the s1, psso decrease. Have fun with this, if you want smaller socks cast on less stitches, bigger socks cast on more. Don’t worry about making a mistake, its just yarn. You can rip it out and try again, hopefully learning something in the process. If you want to print this pattern, copy and paste it into Word or email me and I'll send it to you!
If you find anything wrong with my pattern, please let me know! This is the first pattern of mine I’ve wrote down, so this is a bit new to me! Also if you make a pair of teeny tiny socks, give me a holler! I’d love to see them!
Mistress_stash_enhancer (at) yahoo (dot) com
Thank you everyone for all your fantastic complements on my Hedera socks! And to answer MandyJ's question, No that's not my kitchen counter. That's my extremely clean pressure washed driveway. Mike thought the driveway was really dirty during his last break, and borrowed his Brothers pressure washer and spent two days of his break washing the driveway. Guess what!! The Christmas tree? Its still up! Yeah, its great.
Anyway, This weekend I spent knitting as many blue squares as I could churn out for Justin. I wanted to send as many as I could since Cynthia needs to have 63 to make a blanket. Today I mailed out 10 of them along with the pictures my kiddos wanted to draw. Look at them being so sweet, coloring away I love them!
Allysa became bored after she had filled up her page with many colors, and decided her face would make a fantastic medium for color. Wouldn't ya say so too?
Fantastic, no? Good Lord
I bet your wondering why I love my steamer huh? I'm sure ya'll have heard the wonders of the Scuni steamer, how it takes Wonky and turns it into Nice with minimal pinning instantly before your eyes!!
Dear Scuni steamer, I heart you!
Pattern: Hedera from the Spring Knitty
Yarn: 2 hanks Lorna's Laces Lucky Stripe, bought by Mike at Knit Happens. There is a lot left over, probably 3/4 of a hank.
Needles: 5 metal dpns
Time: these puppies have been warming my needles for a month now! I finished the first sock, casted on the second one, and then had to start on Lady E.
My though's: I worked 15 repeats on the leg, and 18 repeats on the foot. This was a very easy to memorize lacy pattern, by the time I reached the foot on the first sock I had the pattern down! I wish I would have omitted the last lace repeat and knit for a half and inch before started the toe decreases. Now that I've finished my first LL socks, I'm very glad I have lots of this good stuff stashed! very happy!
One more pic? A close up? OK!
Also, Have you seen this? Cynthia of Two sticks and a ball of wool she started by collecting pink squares to make a blanket for her niece Grace, and one for Grace's friend Simone who are both sick with cancer. (I hope I have this right) Grace's friend and boyfriend Justin at the Alberta's Children's Hospital is dying of liver cancer and living on borrowed time. Cynthia is in desperate need of Blue Squares to make him a blanket. She needs 63 5" blue squares to make a blanket. If your able to help, leave Cynthia a comment with your email address in it. Thanks.
I still can't believe, I drove all the way to the other town to only discover that I had the games mixed up! DUH!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO MOTHERS EVERYWHERE!! Sending you wishes that you have an enjoyable day, that you don't have to scream "GET OFF YOUR SISTER!!", wash any dishes, clean up after anyone, that you just get to do what you want to do!!
Happy Mother's Day Mom! Hope its a good one ; )
Allysa, Mema and Corra
Pepe, Mema and Allysa
Sometimes.. I just wonder.. how have I made it this far!!??!! Really, here are a few examples:
1. Corra and Bryce are on two different soccer teams, both in different age groups, different teams. Last night around 11:30pm I thought I should check the game schedule. (yes at 11:30 at night! For crying out loud) Both kids have soccer games on Saturday, both at 1:00, In two different towns 15 minutes apart from each other! *sob* Why did I just realize this NOW?? Not when the schedule was handed to me? *sob* Today though, I figured everything out, Mandaj's kid is on the same team and has agreed to take Corra to the game (thank you! thank you!!!), and I will take Bryce to his. I'll miss Corra's game (again this weekend, poo!) And I will work on duplicating myself in the mean time... sounds like a plan eh?
2. I always wondered why Blogspirit asked for email addresses, but never gave them to the author of the blog. (God am I stupid) I figured it would be apart of the "ala carte" options that they want you to pay for. Until I started surfing around in the admin area of my blog. (Do I have my moments, or what?!) Guess what I found!! (uh huh!) If you go to All Comments, click on edit comment, you can edit the comment, see the persons name, their email address and blog address. Good Lord, someone help me!! DUH!
3. (the knitting content) Remember this from like a month ago?
please excuse the crappy photo, its cloudy and crappy today.
I ignored her something fierce to finish Lady E, and I am determined to finish these this weekend. One little problem. Just a little one, wee problem, tiny really...
see it? Its GLARING at you! Jumping out and screaming, LOOK at MEE!! You don't see it do you? clicky here and there is a big fat arrow pointing out my mistake (thanks to Mandaj ) that I didn't see until I was almost done with the gusset decreases (damnit) And ya know what? Its staying there. Damnit.
4. My notebook, with all my notes that I could have used for Bryce's graduation (Wednesday of this last week, Pictures soon) that contained my notes for the mini socks, is currently in a very, very safe place. I guess I'm going to have to knit another mini sock to come up with a decent pattern, oh poo!
Some days.. I just wonder... what happened to my mind? oohh.. that's right, I have kids! THREE of them!! I've lost my mind! Because I have no idea what I was thinking... No idea! Really!