Really, It's all about me. But I think we all know that already. KIDDING! A few posts ago I was whining that I was sick of knitting for others, and wanted to knit something for me. It felt like everything that came off my needles was for someone else, other than myself. And really, I can be pretty damned selfish. I'm not going to lie. So after B's crazy socks where done, I casted these baby's right on! Right on baby! Right on!
This is my sock Sunday night, as of yesterday afternoon I turned the heel and was moving down the foot. Damn it feels good to knit for me me me!!
Speaking of me me me, d,knit tagged me for the 6 weird things about me a few *ahem*months*cough* ago, even though I've been tagged for it before. I thought I would give it another go. My first answers sucked a bit the first time, and these are a bit odd
1. When loading my dishwasher the silverware *has* to be facing down. (the part that goes in your mouth goes down) I used to have to have the dishwasher loaded just right way, but I've relaxed a bit.
2. I have to wear shoes. I don't like to walk around barefoot or just in socks.
3. Not so weird, but I talk in my sleep. I've been known to have full conversations on the phone while sleeping too.
4. I have to drink water from a glass, not a plastic cup. Bottled water is ok though.
5. Can not eat soup out of a square dish or bowl.
6. My parents told the maternity nurse when I was born that they where going to name me "Lead bottom moose belly"
Sorry I can't remember the rules to this meme, so If ya haven't done it yet, and want to. Go for it. Let me know so I can read your answers! What? Yes, It is all about me me me, here's one more meme! Mary (kinda) tagged me for 5 things you haven't mentioned on your blog meme (I think that's what its called) This post I remembered to save on bloglines so I could go back to it (ya me!) Here we go
First, the Rules:
Someone Tags you, you post 5 things about yourself that you haven't already mentioned on your blog, you tag 5 more bloggers.
1. I once had a job at a local farm near where I grew up in Massachusetts washing eggs for 1 cent/egg.
2. I once *had* to bake blueberry muffins from scratch in the middle of the winter, my Dad was nice enough to buy me real blueberries. I mistakenly added 3 tablespoons of baking powder when I should have added 3 teaspoons of baking soda. Opps! Dad will never forget that one, those muffins where bad!
3. Mike is 15 years older than me.
4. I used to wonder if I would ever have kids, if I even wanted them. Now that I have them (4 of em!) I would never change a thing.
5. I used to write poetry in high school (come on who didn't!) and had once of my poems published.
I'm coping out of tagging, who ever wants to do it, go for it! Let me know if ya do it! Since it's all about me me me, I'm going to finish off my turtle chex mix, which btw is so.freaking.good, and knit my sock. Me me me!!! ; )
The other day Bryce was watching me change his little sister. After I took Kailey's diaper off Bryce asked me "what's that yellow stuff on her bum?"
I answered, "its her poop"
he proceed to say... "That is SOOO COOL!! She poops YELLOW!!"
I almost died laughing he is so cute!
Bryce age 6 holding his new baby sister Kailey (2 weeks old)
PS School is closed today on account of the *very* cold weather, the kids are making penguins and other creative things. Days like this it pays to have a fully stocked art cart!!!
This morning while talking to Mom she asked me to post a pic of our Halloween haul for eye candy friday
for you Mom
mmmmm..... you wouldn't even believe how much candy the kids hauled in from different parties, at school and friends and from trick or treating. Wanna see?
All I can think is, holy crap that is a lot of candy!! Does any one else wanna scream when a friend wants to give your kid something "NOONOOO!!! no more crap, plllleeasseee!!!"? Part of me is a little bit happy that my kids elementary school has started a "Nutritional program" (they just "recommend" that you give healthy treats instead of sweets)
P.S. I'm still knitting. pictures tomorrow. Promise. It's been a hell of a week ; )
"mommie... once your done with that row can you get me another cup of mmmilk?" said Bryce
I wasn't knitting
I arrived home safely Wednesday night, with a new book, but no new yarn. I know! They wouldn't let me go to a yarn shop, and most of them where closed by the time the days workshops where over. Poo!! Pictures to follow once I run the camera over a few thousand times. And then call Mike to help me. Such fun!